Gayann is running on a platform of economic development, lower taxes, limited government, and parental empowerment in education.
Gayann has a long history of civic engagement. She has real experience in the legislative process. She knows how to get things done. This has already served our community and our state in immeasurable ways.
You might be familiar with her leadership on education issues. Governor Otter appointed Gayann to the Idaho Public Charter School Commission, where she has served for nearly 9 years. Gayann worked on successful legislation to increase the tax deduction for Idahoans who donate to schools and libraries.
Like many of us, Gayann believes that local control of education is best for students. More importantly, she believes that the greatest form of local control are the CHOICES made by parents. SMART investments in the classroom benefit each and every one of us whether you have a child in that classroom or not. Gayann believes that we should make direct and deliberate investments in Idaho’s education with an expectation of student academic growth.
Gayann believes that every Idahoan should be able to realize their potential and their dreams. She believes that we do this in part by getting government out of the way. By keeping business regulation to a minimum and by reducing the tax burden, we allow businesses in Idaho to grow.
- Bachelor’s degree from Brigham Young University
- Board Member of the Red Cross of Greater Idaho
- Executive Board of the Ada County Republicans
- Elected as Ada County Precinct Committeeman and District Chairman
- Governor appointee to the Idaho Public Charter School Commission
- Volunteer in civic groups, and church
- Married for 29 years, mother of six
- Has lived in District 14 for 16 years